After rocking out on my way home last night, I thought this week’s top 5 should deal with shredding.
Ok people, your top 5 tough as nails guitar solos and we are talking kick you in the face tough, not difficulty. We’re talking the kind of tough where after you heard it, you wanted to buy a guitar, get a hotel room and trash the fuck out of it.
1. Eddie Van Halen – Eruption (this solo was so fucking bad ass, they just made it a song)
2. Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Child – I can hear Jimi, can you?
3. George Lynch – Mr. Scary – You gotta love the hair and the triggered drums, but they don’t come close to taming the massive shredding going on here.
4. Kirk Hammet (Metallica) – One – It may have been their first video, but in this song you can hear how amazing of a guitar player Kirk Hammet is. One of the best and smoothest shredders of all time. Solo begins at 5:45.
5. Marty Freedman (Megadeath) – Holy Wars – The actual solo begins at 4:36 mark, but the song as whole is pretty bad ass!